REGATHERING AT SBC
As Virginia moved into Phase One on Friday, May 15th, the elders at SBC have put together a plan for us as a church to begin regathering.
We will be meeting on Sunday, May 31st at 10:30am in our Gym. We'd encourage you to check out our video above for more information. As we meet we will be following these guidelines:
- If you are in the high-risk population, have been sick recently, or have other legitimate concerns, we do not expect you to come. We will be providing a livestream for those who are at home, to request a link for the livestream, click the button below.
- We will be practicing social distancing, which means seating arrangements will be spaced out in our gym (households may sit together), and physical contact should be avoided (i.e., hugs, handshakes, and high-fives). Hand sanitizer will be made available near the entrances/exits. We will also be having our greeters seat us.
- In light of the governor’s recent announcement regarding face coverings, face masks are now required for anyone over the age of 10, unless you fall under one of the exceptions listed by the Governor. If you don’t have a face covering, we will have some available.
- There will be no childcare provided. Your children are welcome to come with you. The atmosphere of the service will be reverent, but casual, so feel free to bring snacks, quiet toys, or a device for them to quietly watch entertainment.
- The bathrooms are closed, except for one emergency bathroom staffed by a volunteer that will be cleaned between each use.
- After the service, conversations and time relationally connecting should be done at a safe distance and outdoors.
- The Gym will be sanitized each week before we gather.
- We are looking for volunteers to help with cleaning and a few other areas on Sunday morning. If you are willing to volunteer, email Paul.
Have more questions? View our FAQs below. Planning to stay home? Click the livestream button below to access a form for the link.